01 May 2015

Theo at 8 months

IMG_8430_2

Theo turns 8 months old today and boy, what a difference a month makes!

IMG_8398_2
Our little monkey

He can sit up really well now, but only if we put him in a sitting position.  He hasn't quite figured that out yet.  He can roll from his tummy to his back and from his back to his tummy.  And he's starting to arch his back and push up on his arm when he's on his tummy, so I suspect sitting isn't too far away.  He will also move his legs a bit like he wants to crawl but he's not coordinated enough yet to figure out the legs and arms moving together stuff.  In just the past couple of days, I have witnessed a little rocking back and forth when he's on his tummy, too.  By his next monthly update, I bet he's off to the races!

IMG_8399_2
Who is that crazy lady??

IMG_8461
What is this??

The poor little guy still has no teeth!  Everyone thinks he's getting them because of the way he tries to chew/gnaw on things but I haven't seen anything poking through his gums yet...  He is still a big fan of breastfeeding, so I'm not going to bemoan the lack of teeth!

IMG_8453_2
caught in the act

He's also started babbling in earnest at us.  He still makes cooing noises quite a bit, but occasionally, he will start "talking" and get excited because we get excited.  He kinda sounds like he's ordering dim sum because his vocalizations sound like "bao bao bao" or "blao blao."  I've been pointing to myself and saying "Mama" and I think he's starting to weave in mmm sounds a little.

IMG_8237_2

He's 26 inches long and weighs 19 pounds 13 ounces now, in comparison to his sister who was ~28 inches and ~19 pounds at 8 months.  He can definitely fit in size 12 months clothes pretty easily but I have noticed that the sleeves tend to be too long.  No question about his eye color--it's definitely blue!  And his hair is still pale blonde as you can see in the photos.

IMG_8449_2

He gets the occasional spoonful of yogurt when I'm eating it, but otherwise, it's all milk, all the time for now.  He was awfully interested in lettuce earlier this week though!

IMG_8450_2

No comments: